Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Loving what you do.

A long time ago, a good friend told me that if I really loved something I was doing, not only would I do well at it but I would make money at it -- and she was right.  My mother, God rest her soul, use to tell me that I would make some money if I were not so busy "giving it away".  What she meant was I'm not one of those ladies that makes cakes and then charges hundreds to thousands of dollars.  Yes, I am certified and I make decorations and flowers and people that look absolutely real, but I think it is almost a sin to over-charge someone simply because you are blessed with the ability to do something that not everyone else can do. I try my best to do my best and I purchase items in bulk to see both you and me money.  I've done wedding cakes you would NOT believe, and I've had the pleasure of doing birthday cakes that were the center of the party.  Simply because I love what I do!  And yes, I do hope this blog will bring me customers that enjoy good quality tasting cake along with beauty because each day of our life is a celebration and we all need to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP